Friday, September 10, 2010

Paint Colors

Ever since we got the accepted offer on the house all I can think about is decorating! As you saw, we already registered, and I've been adding a few things to the lists here and there. Well, now it is time to think about paint colors! I love the sherwin williams website! They have a program where you can actually upload a picture of the room you are wanting to paint and then you draw a line around the part you want to paint and then pick a paint color and it shows up on the wall! It is so neat! Here is the link to it:
http://www.sherwin-williams.com/do_it_yourself/paint_colors/paint_color_palette/visualizer/index.jsp

Well, I was looking throught paint colors and trying to decide what colors I want for our new home. I had thought about yellow for the living room, but I'm not sure that would look good with the tan couch. So, then I thought about tan or brown, but that's kinda boring, and I'm not much for boring rooms. So then I found this color which was like a dark tealish/gray looking color. I loved it! I kept looking and then I lost the color I liked and forgot the name of it. A friend on my facebook posted pictures of her house for sale and I saw the teal/gray color again on her living room walls! It really looked good in her pictures, and they have wood floors and tan furniture as well. So, we'll see if this is what we end up going for, but I do love it! It's called link gray. I hope Jared lets me try it out! Then I thought maybe the dining room/kitchen could be that pale yellow color instead? Those are my ideas for now... I'll have to think of what color of pillows I can get with those wall colors.. that's my next thing!

We got our bedding in yesterday! I was so excited to open it up and see! The colors aren't much different than they looked in the online picture. The orangish color looks more copper brown in person, but I still think painting an orangish color for one wall would be cute. Then we would prob. do tan for the others. We'll have to see on that one though! The colors may be hard to match on that bedspread.

I can't believe we have just 35 days until our closing date! It will be here before we know it! I'm actually going to the bank bright and early to turn in some papers to get the process moving! Yay!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment