Friday, September 17, 2010

Rottweiler Puppy



Well, I never thought I'd be saying this, but Jared and I are looking into gettin a rottweiler puppy. For those of you know who me, I've grown up with golden retrievers and miniature dachshunds my whole life. From the time I was born till now we've had one of the two, if not both. So, those are the only dogs I've ever been interested in. I always pictured Jared and I getting a golden retriever puppy from my dad (he rasies them). BUT, Jared has always wanted a rottweiler. We kind of argued about this a little bit, but it's only fair that he get the kind of dog he's always wanted. So, he told me about a month ago he'd like to start looking for a rottweiler puppy. Immediately I said NO. I didn't think that we were ready for a dog 1. because we don't have a house yet 2. because we're not even married yet and 3. because we can't afford an 800 dollar dog right now. So, I never really gave it much more thought since I pretty much ruled that out right away. Well, then Jared told me last weekend that he found a place that raises their rottweilers with children, and they were near Terre Haute and ready to be picked up. Again, I said no.

Well, last night we had a little argument, and I felt really bad afterwards. He told me that it upset him that I just ruled it out immediately. He said that he wanted a dog to live with him at our house so he's not so lonely until I move in. Well after telling me that, how could I say no? The only thing hindering my decision now is the money. So I told him we just needed to start looking for a cheaper breeder. So today I found a couple in St. Louis for a couple hundered less than the other breeder was asking. I would still like to wait until we get the house which isn't too far away. I also told Jared that if he saved money for one instead of taking the money out of savings that I would agree to him getting one. So, for his birthday he is getting money from me towards a dog. I think he might ask for money from other family members as well so that he can get a dog within the next month or two. He also said he'd be willing to pick up some extra hours on a Saturday to get a little extra money. Now, I'm worried about the potty training since I won't be there to help until May! AHHHHHHH.

But hey, I'm going to try not to stress about it because I know it will truly make Jared happy to have the dog he's always wanted! Don't sweat the small stuff in life :)

No comments:

Post a Comment