Monday, September 6, 2010

New Couch!

I knew that Jared and I didn't have the money to buy new furniture for our new house, so I've been looking on Craigslist, Ebay, Garage Sales, Newspapers... anyplace I can think of that would have cheap used furniture. I figured that in a couple years we can get nice furniture but for now we didn't need anything fancy. Even though I say that, I really can't see myself with an old floral print couch or a stained piece of furniture. I think it would just drive me nuts. At my apartment up at school we have mis-matched furniture but at least we have slip covers. Well, I would consider that for Jared and I but those darn slilp covers are about enough to drive me up the wall. I'm a freak about making sure they are always tucked in and neat! So, anyways I really wasn't sure what we were going to do about furniture right away.

However, I found an awesome deal on craigs list! Most of the stuff on there in our price range was not worth driving anywhere to pick up. It was mostly outdated and holey or stained. But, I came across this nice tan couch for 200$. I figured it probably had some holes in it or stains, but hey it was tan so I was happy!! I also found out that the couch has recliners on the ends of it! I love this feature!! I could actually see myself happy with this purchase and being content with it! So, I called Jared and asked him if we could go to Danville to pick it up on Labor day. Just what he wanted to do with his day off, haha. Good thing he loves me :)
Anyway, here is my steal of a deal! Our new (to us) couch!

It's a one year old Berkshire reclining sofa, microfiber.

I meant to take the picture before we got it in the shed, but I forgot. So that's why there is random furniture around it, and it's not a very good picture.

We are pleased with our purchase :)

1 comment:

  1. thats a good deal! looks like a great find, youll have more fun piecing together your house with bargains you find

    ReplyDelete